Thanks to Cat ( Sewing the 60s ) for this liebster award !
The rules :
- tell 11 things about you
- answer to the 11 questions of your nominator
- nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award and who have a less than 200 followers
- create a new list of 11 questions for the blogger to answer .
So first , 11 things about me :
1. Almost all stuff at my home comes from yard sales ... , my kitchen and my living room are 50s style , the dining room and the bedroom are 60s ... but i hate the fake today's 60's style ( and it's not snobbery ) .
2. When i was young , i wanted to get married to a baker so i could eat chocolate croissant whenever i want.
3. I like Lefort Openo , two french graphic designers who started in the 50s .( http://www.lefor-openo.com/ )
4. I couldn't live without music : Soul ( the exciters : movin too slow ) , Glam Rock ( Iron virgin : rebels rule) , Punk Rock ( Vibrators : whips and furs , ) , Power Pop ( the chords : maybe tomorow) ...
and of course 60's sound :
For Cat who asked this question and who is more into 60s music , this is my top 6 for 60s :
- The Eyes : I'm Rowed Out
- The Remains : Don't look back
- The Unrelated Segments : It's Gonna Rain
- The Yardbirds : Evil Hearted You
- The Brogues : I Ain't No Miracle Worker
- The Seeds : Can't seem to make you mine
5. I love sun-dried tomatoes and basil ,I love korean movie, i like to take a big breakfast and then to go back to bed , windows open and with birds singing . .. very snow white spirit ;) . I change often my hair color , for the moment i 'm a light golden copper blond .
Ok , Ok , i cheat : 8 things about me in 1 !!! Sorry , I wouldn't do it again .
6. My favorite great fashion designers are Louis Feraud and Jean patou .
7. I would really like to draw well but i didn't make any progress since ... my first year of primary school.
8. I have played bass for around 15 years but stopped during both my pregnancies so not much progress there! .
9. I used extensions of formica table to pin my brooches .
10. The first craftwork (sew / knit) i remember that i've done is a canary yellow knitted tie i made for my dad ... kids are cruel !
11. Worms terrify me ( F.T.W (FUCK THE WORM) is a private joke between a friend and I )
11b. I 'm a giuda fan (http://giuda.net/)
I had corrected my text by Vanessa to check the spelling and grammar ... so thanks again Vanessa
... Now i just hope there is no more than 10 mistakes in those two sentences !!!
Now , answer to Cat's questions :
1. What is the most played song on your MP3 player/ iTunes or if you prefer tangible music what was the first record/tape/CD you wore out and had to buy again ?
- "because you're young" from Cock Sparrer !
2. What was your first job and did you enjoy it?
- I input telegrams for car insurance and condolences ... , i enjoy it coz it was my first experience in the world of work , and of course the beginning of my independence .
3. Do you have a collection and what is it of ?
- Do shoes , bags , brooches , badges and records count ? ...and now those strange green plush toys .
4. What is your default "too lazy to cook" meal?
- Salted buttered slice of bread ( salted butter is a typical things from my native county : Brittany )
5. What is your favourite thing to wear that you always feel fantastic in?
- Bright coloured tights , 60s mini dress , patent flats , bag coordinated with shoes (or tights or dress ) ...
( Charles Jourdan - 1967 )
6. Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring?
- Spring in automn and winter in summer.
7. What is your favourite moment in history? i.e VE Day etc...
- I was 9 years old at the beginning of the Iran Irak war and 17 years old at the end . It's not my favourite moment in history but it had a impact on my youth , even if those countries are far from France.
8. If you had another blog, what would it be about?
- I have another blog ,mainly about Punk Rock and Power Pop . (http://crazeegirlsound.blogspot.fr/ )
9. If you had to pick only one, would you prefer The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
- Argh , The Kinks .
10. What is your favorite step when sewing a garment? Or if you don't sew, what is your favorite feature on a garment that always catches your eye?
- I like the last step : hem ! I like necktie collar for sweaters and dresses but I never try to sew it . I love contrast stitches !
11. What was your most favourite holiday that you have taken?
- Camping in the wild with friends on a old blockhouse in Hyeres peninsula . No tourist , sea view, a small bay with pebble making the beach only for us ... The fourth day , Police had awakened us : we were on a private military land !
I won't do the two last rules because i came too late in this chain but these are some blogs i like ( Sorry , there are so many blogs i like , i can't edit all . ) .
- As tu déjà oublié : Tony , friends and a very little bit me run this blog about modern architecture , 1950 to 1970 .
- Le strict maximum : good friends with good tastes ( our yard sales 's rivals ;) ) .
- Crazee kids sound :
- Hoje Há Punk Rock no Liceu : Punk rock rules !
Punk, Hardcore, Powerpop, Mod .
- Motorparade blog : Marcel runs this blog , incredible archives of moped and motorcycle related graphic design and printed matters.
- Chiaki creates : refreshing .
- On verra bien demain matin : children 's books , write by Amélie .
- My Vintage Avenue : 50 and 60's illustrations .
- Chema Skandal ! : graphic artist's
- Jhalal Drut : exploitation movies , comics ...
- The Carnabian Army : made by Lucy the 1960's lovin'
- Sewing the 60's : Cat combine sew and 60's fashion